Website Manager

Brief History of SCLL

A very Brief History of SCLL

St. Clair Little League was founded by Joe Klecha in 1952. 
At the time the league consisted of four major league boys teams who played at Solis Field. 
Eventually, the games moved to Klecha Park and now we are proud to play our games at Legacy Park. 
We are also proud to be home to close to 50 teams consisting of over 650 boys and girls ages 4 – 16

About our founded Joe Klecha
He was born Oct. 18, 1920, in Detroit. He married Gertrude LeLano June 25, 194, in Riverside, Calif.
Mr. Klecha was the former St. Clair harbor master, retiring in 1986. He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in St. Clair, St. Clair American Legion Post 382 and was an original member of the St. Clair Special Police.
He was active in area sports activities where he was a district administrator in the state Little League, Joe coached and managed in the St. Clair Little League for 35 years. The Joseph B. Klecha Little League Park in St. Clair is named in his honor.
He was a veteran of World War II serving in the European Theater.



Local Sponsors

St. Clair Little league

Legacy fields: 3020 Fred Moore Hwy, Mailing address: 300 Fairway Ct
St. Clair, Michigan 48079

Phone: 810-650-8181

Email: [email protected]

Copyright © 2021 St. Clair Little League  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Login